Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crunchy Rosemary Potatoes

I love my carbo! From pasta.. to bread.. to potatoes. I just can't live without them. But somehow I have to reduce my intake as it will add to the inches round my waist.

This side dish goes very well with roast chicken and they sure taste better than those frozen pre-packed french fries. Try it and you will know!

Ingredients (Serves 6 as a side)
1.5kg of potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
4 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only
Extra virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt to taste

Method
Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius

Line a large, shallow baking tray with aluminium foil, then followed by a sheet of baking paper.

Spread the potatoes on the tray in a single layer.

Add the rosemary leaves and drizzle the olive oil. Mix thoroughly to make sure that all the potatoes are well coated with the oil.

Cover the baking tray loosely with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Remove the foil and reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees celsius. Continue cooking for approx. 35 to 40 minsutes or till the potatoes are golden brown with crispy edges.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle some coarse sea salt.

Serve warm.

No comments: