Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sweet Corn & Carrot Soup

Whenever I know that mum would be cooking this soup for the dinner, I would be so excited and can drink up 2 bowls of it. I simply love the sweetness from the sweet corn and carrots.

The long hours of simmering brought out the fragrance of the sweet corn. It is light and smooth to the throat. Whenever I prepares this soup, I will miss mum. She is the guru of wonderful soups!

Ingredients (Serve 4)
4 sweet corn, cut into 3 sections
2 carrots, cut into small chunks
400g pork ribs / lean pork
2 tbsp wolberries
2 litres water (for stock)

Method
Add boiling water to pork ribs to skim off fat (prevents the soup from turning cloudy). Repeat this step till the water is clear.

Boil water in a pot and add pork ribs. Simmer for 1 hour at low heat.

Add sweet corn and leave to simmer at low heat for another 1 -2 hours.

Place carrots and wolberries and simmer for another hour.

Add salt to taste and serve hot.

No comments: