Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chrysanthemum & Ginseng Tea

Last week was an ordeal for me as I was down with fever of whopping 39.3 degrees celsius. Doses of Panadol and ice pack couldn't do anything to bring down the high temperature as it was burning inside of me. This lasted for 2 days and it seemed forever. Hmm.. It may sound silly but I thought I was going to die. Only people who had such experiences would understand!

All thanks to my doting and supportive hubby, he was there taking very good care of me.. Lucky me! He made me some herbal cooling tea like this to help bring down the high temperature.

Finally, I'm back in action again! Will make more of this tea to cool my body as the weather these days are just crazily hot and humid.

Ingredients (Serve 2)
100g white chrysanthemum
100g ginseng root
100g wolfberries
2 litres water
Yellow rock sugar to taste

Method
Rinse all ingredients.

Add water and ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil.

Simmer for at least 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

Add rock sugar to taste.

No comments: