Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fish Bites

I'm a big fan of fried food, even though I know it will ruin my plans of maintaining my "rather svelte figure". But I do need to indulge in these sinful food once in a while coz I can't just live with just bland, steamed food for every meal. This is my comfort food! 

Whenever I'm ill, I simply crave for fast food. You must be thinking.. She is insane! But the smell of the fried food is just too tempting for me to resist.. 

This dish is easy to prepare and is a big hit during home parties, kids and adults alike. Try this with some thai chilli sauce and your guests will ask for more!

Ingredients (Serve 4) 
3 pcs of dory fillets, cut into squares
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 thai green lime juice
1 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
3 cups of Japanese bread crumbs

Method
Marinate the fish fillets with sea salt, black pepper and lime juice for 15 mins.

Firstly, coat the fish fillets with flour, dip into the egg mixture and then coat them with the bread crumbs.

Heat a frying pan with some cooking oil and fry the fillets till golden brown.

Serve warm with a bowl of steamed rice and some fresh greens.

No comments: