Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grilled Lemon Herb Squid Salad

I've just returned from a relaxing and surreal holiday in Ubud Bali. During my trip, I did some self reflection on ways to improve my health other than working out. And healthy adjustments to my diet is another way to go! I made a resolution to include more salads, soups and juices into my diet.. (bought a fruit extractor today)

A healthy diet helps to improve my skin too.. I'm not getting any younger so must do whatever it takes to stay young and beautiful! 

Hope I can adhere to this for a while! Haha!

So here's another salad I can enjoy for lunch or even dinner.

Ingredients (Serve 4)
8 squid tubes, rinsed
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup oregano, finely chopped
1/2 parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 black pepper

Garden Salad
1 pack of salad greens
1 Japanese cucumber, thickly sliced
2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes

Dressing
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
1/2 tsp brown sugar

Method
Cut the squid tubes into 2 pieces and then further into bite sizes. Score the inside of the squids in a 1cm criss-cross pattern, without cutting them through.

Combine olive oil , lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, parsley and sea salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. 

Add squids and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Preheat a grill pan over high heat.

Place the squids (scored side down) on the grill pan. Cook over high heat for approx. 2 - 3 mins. Turn and cook for another 1-2 mins until the squids are slightly chargrilled.

Combine all the salad greens and other vegetables onto a serving plate.

Place the squids on the salad and drizzle the dressing.

Serve warm.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Need to see you photos - recipes sound very yummy!